Last week I shared with you some important insights about how critical reading is to your success as a leader. Reading just one hour a day, for three years, can put you at the top of your professional field.
One thing I neglected to do last week is to share with you, what I am reading these days. Reading is an important part of my growth and development. If my home library is any indication, I have grown a lot but I have a lot more growing to do.
As an International Speaker and Consultant, I read daily to improve my success. My goal is to help build a world-class culture in every healthcare organization. In an effort to always share good things with you, I am happy to share my “top five” reads so far in 2019.
- Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success by Rory Vaden
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Extreme Ownership: How US Navy SEALS Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World, William McRaven
These books have done wonders for my personal growth and professional success. I am using them to increase my leadership capacity. I cannot wait to open my next five books.
What are your “top five” reads so far in 2019?